The scope of works included the remediation of footings required to be upgraded. The scope contained large footings and slab extensions.
For the larger structure that the mechanical crew were installing, there was a requirement to cut into the existing water channel and pass the seawater into the new pit. This pit held four large pumps to take the seawater up to the SNL tank and then onto the GEO pump that carried the red mud to the ponds.
Scope of Work
- Detailed excavation for footing and earthing grid
- Surveying of site and footing locations
- Reinforcing steel, welding and tying into the earthing grid
- Installation of electrical conduit
- Pouring and finishing of concrete structures
Rio Tinto Alcan
Gove Peninsula (Arnhem Land), NT
Year of Completion