Pructon undertook the design and construction of two blending tanks to hold fuel oil at the Northern Oil site in Gladstone. The tanks had a 270,000-litre holding capacity, and the project included associated pipe work.
The tanks were fabricated and painted at the Pructon Gladstone mechanical workshop facility and transported to the site, where they were lifted into position. The project included 500 metres of associated pipework and spooling much of which was fabricated in our workshop, and additional lengths of site run.
Scope of Work
- Design and certification of the tanks
- Fabrication of the 2 tanks that stand 20m high and 5m in diameter in our Gladstone workshop
- Surface treatment of the tanks, then cladding
- Transport under escort to the site and unload
- Fabrication and installation of pipe, valves and pumps
- Standing the tanks and landing on their footings
- Hydrostatic testing and commissioning of the tanks and pipe work