Pructon was engaged to remove and replace 250m of QU100 profile rail along the Fisherman’s Landing 1 located in Gladstone ports.
The works were undertaken during two six-day shutdowns running day and night shifts with a 20-person crew.
The crews undertook the replacement anchor bolts that were corroded, blasted and painted the sole plates, and then welded new rail joints.
Scope of Work
- Remove approximately 1000 nuts and clips
- Cut and remove 250m of rail
- Sandblast and paint 1000 sole plates
- Replace 1000 rail pads and clips
- Replace 1000 hold-down nuts and replace bolts as required
- Prep, weld, grind and NDT 22 rail joints
- Survey of installed track